T2P
Newly Registered

150' Quality Hose Recommendation

Hello,

My wife and I recently bought a home and need a new hose. Uses include watering, washing cars, cleaning gutters and anything else that might arise. The faucet is towards the front of the house meaning some of these things are just under 150 feet away. I am trying to find a quality hose that is durable, minimizes crimping and will last if cared for. Lightness is a plus but would sacrifice that for durability. I am also ok paying more for high quality that will last. Thanks in advance.

An alternative I would consider is using a 100' hose and connecting a 50' when needed. The majority of work is within the 100 ft range

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

I don't have a particular brand to suggest, but you would probably be happy with an industrial grade hose. Look for "Contractor Grade" or " Industrial Grade" or "Commercial Grade" . Of couse, they are going to be more expensive than residential grade hoses. I have tried so many different residential hoses and they tend to kink. I bought one the is supposed to be "kink-free" but it still kinks, just not as much. The commercial grade hoses are heavier duty and less likely to kink.

imafan26
Mod

A hose that long will be very heavy. I would go with shorter length and connect when needed. The heavy duty hoses will be even heavier. For the long term consider adding a line and moving the faucet closer. You don't need a plumber for that, you just need someone who knows how to do it. When I moved into this house, there were 3 faucets all attached to the house. My dad and his friend extended the lines with copper pipe and put faucets in the yard where I needed them, so 1) I am not getting water near the foundation of the house. 2) I don't have hoses to trip over because the sidewalk is next to the house. 3) I have many more faucets now to work with. One is by the driveway, to wash the car and water the front yard. I have another for the inner courtyard. Three in the back along the back wall. One faucet was moved from the house wall to the corner of the patio. It waters the side and back yard with a 50 ft hose. My yard is small. The other two original faucets on the house are rarely used.

The longer hoses will kink more because they twist more. You should get a hose reel to keep the hose when not in use. Even the no kink rubber hoses kink, they are just easier to untwist, but they are the heaviest hoses.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”