catgrass
Green Thumb

Blooming at my house

Oct 2015 003.jpg
Oct 2015 003.jpg
Angel Trumpet & cockscomb if I can do it!
Attachments
Oct 2015 008.jpg

catgrass
Green Thumb

Gee, kinda disappointing. All those views and no comments. Guess nobody likes picture of flowers :(

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

aww... :oops: we all love pictures of flowers. Not always much to say about them except very nice flowers.

Your angel trumpet is looking terrific. I had one I started from seed. I grew it out for maybe five years. It usually bloomed and sometimes repeat bloomed, but it never really thrived having to be indoors like 7-8 months of the year. I didn't bring it with me when I moved.

Yours looks great! :D It must like Louisiana ( a lot better than Ohio anyway) AND clearly you are giving it good care.

applestar
Mod

I like celosia -- I didn't get a chance to go buy them last spring. :?

Maybe I should try growing them from seeds? I wonder if they are fussy. Some bedding plants are not worth the effort to start from seeds yourself. Did you grow yours?

catgrass
Green Thumb

Applestar, mine are grown from seed. Actually, someone sent me some seeds years ago, and I tossed them in the flower bed. I never plant them now. They reseed readily-Easy to grow, just don't overwater. However, they do not start to appear until mid-summer and will bloom until frost. Rainbow, I have never seen mine make seed. It is grown from cuttings. I sell a few every spring. This one is actually a cutting off the big one I had in the ground, which died for some reason. I think termites ate the roots. They grow quickly-so maybe you'll do better in Georgia.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I bought the seed, but you are right-- I don't know where those seeds come from, mine never made any seeds. I guess they are not self-fertile.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”