HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Hose leak

One of my garden hoses has a hole in it. When I use it, most of the water sprays through the sprinkler and some sprays through the hole which is in the middle of the hose. The hose is in good shape except for the hole. Does anyone know if there is a way to permanently plug the hole? I'm thinking about using some black roof patch on it. What do you think?

applestar
Mod

I use hose repair kits which really are the best and surest. You cut and trim the hose at the damage and use the connector. I like the kind with ridged plastic tube that goes inside the hose and plastic halves that you screw together to tightly hold the hose against the tube. I use the same kind for hose ends, too.

catgrass
Green Thumb

Birdlover-I have the same problem. Bought myself one of the "no-kink" hoses this past spring, and guess what-it kinked, got caught under a patio chair and now I have a leak in a $42.00 hose. Check in the automotive section where they have leak repair stuff for autos-that's what I was told by "men" to do, but I had already made about 4 rounds of duct tape over the hole. It's slowed down the leak, but not stopped it.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Thanks. I bought some expensive 'no-kink' hoses too and they still kink, just not as much as the others. I will try the automotive fix and see how it goed. I'm also going to try some of that black tar roof patch. I'll let you know if that works.

The way it is now, it's like In have 2 sprinklers on one hose - the leak is the second sprinkler. It's not too bad for sprinkling, but I'm tired of getting wet.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”