Merida72
Newly Registered

Need some serious advice! Weeds have taken over!

Everything has been taken over by weeds in this yard. This is my boyfriend's grandma's yard. We are trying to help her reclaim her yard (she isn't and hasn't been able to do what she loves for 2 years now). All her gardens, bushes, and some trees have been taken over. View the photos. I only took some photos.

I know that this is going to take a long time. However, these mulberry bushes (I think that's what they are...weeds, right?) have taken over trees and these Ornamental Pompous grass is taken over, too. Some of it survived. There are three of these...and they all are just about dead. The fig tree also...has been taken over, but it's still alive..just won't make any figs.

Any advice?
Attachments
101_0994.JPG
fig tree
fig tree
101_0992.JPG
101_0990.JPG
101_0989.JPG
101_0988.JPG
101_0987.JPG
101_0986.JPG

webmaster
Site Admin

The weeds need to be pulled out before they go to seed, which could be soon. The problem may get worse otherwise.

If the problem is located in isolated areas then you'll have to cover up that area to block out the sun and keep it covered to kill it off. You can put down dead leaves. Just be careful you don't put something there that's going to change the soil too much, although mulberry trees are pretty hardy.

catgrass
Green Thumb

That first pic is a crepe myrtle tree. Cut everything vining out of it. You may need to treat the vine cuts with a cut vine & stump killer. Green LIght makes a good one. Wear gloves, and brush it on the cut tips with a small paint brush. The pampas grass can be cut down to the ground and remove all dead litter. It will come back.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”