jutsuri

Rottweiler proof/friendly garden

I have a pair of rottweilers as pets and when I moved into my house they completely destroyed the garden. They are older now and not so destructive, but I am sure that I will be getting rottweiler puppies again in the future. I would like to re-landscape the garden so that it is beautiful but will withstand the destructive force of a growing rottie.

Does anybody have suggestions for types of plants and shrubs that are hardy and/or tenacious enough to do the job? I would like to avoid anything poisonous because they may eat the plants. I was thinking that very thorny roses and morning glories might be able to do the job...

fishbert

I have a similar problem. We just bought a home with gardens to the permiter of back yard where our golden retriever loves to sit in. We have a "planters box" she will climb and rest in. She has destroyed some fern like things.

Sandy is 2 and has lost some of her puppy habbits. This habbit I think she will keep.

I was considering some of the things you considered. I was considering Cactus in the addition to roses, but don't want to hurt her or me.

The more humane thing is what I call garden fences. My parents had shin high fenses which kept the pomerians out of the shrubs and kept german shepherds from peeing on them.

Not sure how successful they would be on larger dogs though.

Dave

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”