applestar
Mod

Questionable variety names...

...yeah, let's just keep it family friendly -- I know there are some REALLY QUESTIONABLE names out there.... :roll:

The one that caught my eye today is "Sandy Lettuce" in the New Veggie section of Jung catalog. :|

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Hm.

That doesn't sound very appetizing......
I read the write up on though, and it looks like a good kind of lettuce to grow!

I get weirded out when vegetables are named after human parts.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Some of the tomato aficionados are really missing the popularity boat with some of the weird names they come up with. Look, if you have to explain it, it isn't likely to ever attract the attention of the common mortal. If that's okay, whatever.

I don't like thinking about the name of a mineral when I'm biting into food. I don't care how valuable, even priceless a crystal may be. I guess in the same category, a name like "Cash Flow" zucchini will attract seed orders from truck farms but probably the seed company didn't have the backyard gardener in mind.

A long green, Asian eggplant that grows real well in my garden is Roleks. I have to wonder if that didn't debut with a slightly different spelling. Perhaps an attorney for a certain Swiss watch company was asked to make a telephone call.

Steve

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”