TopGardener124
Newly Registered

Water hose pressure

Hello,

I was wondering wether you have any ideas or suggestions for the following problem: currently I am cleaning my terrace and water my garden with the garden hose. It's alright but I was wondering if there is a way to increase the water pressure? A sort of adapter or something like that?

Thanks a lot for your help!

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Hi and welcome, Well, for hoseing off the terrace: there is a screw on hose tip, non adjustable, with a single hole about 1/8" dia. that will give you all the pressure you need. You can't use it for watering your plants unless you want to shoot them onto your neighbor's terrace. I've had mine for years, I'm sure they still make and sell them. Hope you can picture what I'm talking about. Let us know if this helps.

Richard

imafan26
Mod

Using a shorter hose also helps since there is more resistance on a longer hose.

TopGardener124
Newly Registered

Thanks a lot for the tips! The screw on hose tip is a good start!

imafan26
Mod

If you are really trying to clean off ground in dirt or algae from cement sidewalks, a power washer will do the best job.

TopGardener124
Newly Registered

I thought already about a power washer like Kärcher but it seems like quite a hassle. I'd love to have just a little bit more pressure on my garden hose but I'll see how far I can get with a nozzle or something like that and then I'll decide.

Thanks anyway for the ideas!

imafan26
Mod

For cleaning sidewalks and driveways and even the mildew off the house, the power washer is great. You can rent or borrow one to try it out. It is easy to set up and connect. Just wear boots and rain gear because you are going to get wet. You will not be able to get as much force even with a nozzle. A nozzle will move leaves and dirt off the sidewalk but it won't be able to get in ground in dirt. My neighbor offered to power wash my driveway since he was doing his. After the power wash my red dirt stained concrete was white.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”