JC's Garden

All I wanted was some chicken wings.

The wife is out of town visiting her sister. Thought I'd grill some wings tonight. Before I could get out of the house I found some paper work I needed to take back to my former employer. I'm retired, kinda. Went to the grocery store by myself and without a list. Got the wings and a few more items I hadn't planned on. Took the paperwork back. It's right across the street from Lowe's. Thought of some more things I needed like Black Cow compost for my potted stuff. Weather radar says rain is on the way so I bought some stuff for the grubs in my front yard. (They won't like it.) Got home to grill my wings and saw plants wilting due to the heat we had today. Changed plans. Put the yard stuff out. Put the compost in the containers. Started watering. Paused to start the grill. Thai peppers and shrimp shells on trays inside the grill. They were good and dry so ....... Put up Thai peppers for later, they're good to keep critters out. Went ahead and crushed up shrimp shells for my compost pile. Started watering again, about 1/3 through. Decided to take a break before starting the fire and look where I am :?
Question: Does A.D.D. come with retirement or is it just me? :hehe:

JC's Garden

O:) O:) WINGS ON!!!!! O:) O:)

applestar
Mod

ENJOY! :()

You sound exactly like me. I go out to the garden with specific very do-able small task in mind, and when I "come to" -- it's hours later and I had been moving from task to task as I come across them, sometimes with unfinished tasks left behind as I had been distracted. :roll:

JC's Garden

Hey, applestar. Are you retired? :)

JC's Garden

And here I am, with a headlight on, cooking in the dark, (in my best Forest Gump voice) again.

imafan26
Mod

I had the same problem. I marinated some chicken thighs, it was supposed to be overnight, but ended up going to the garden, then went to the sprinkler supply for parts, went to the store for bread and ended up with bread and more stuff, but I forgot the stump killer. Went back again. Went to Costco to pick up my ink refill, from the day before, their machine broke so I had to go back, by then it was 4:30 p.m. So, I picked up a polish dog and a pizza. Polish dog for the next day's lunch and had the pizza for dinner.

The next day, I worked in the yard, went to my community garden and took a couple of loads of trash to the dump, repotted a few things and three days later, I finally got to cook my chicken.

A gardener's work is never done.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”