applestar
Mod

Words to the Wise... Or advice from experience

This one is going up on my seed starting area wall --

"DON'T THINK FOR A MINUTE THAT YOU ARE SAVING TIME AND EFFORT BY NOT LIFTING DOWN BOTH TRAYS"

...I was playing seedling jenga -- you know rearranging pots according to height of the plants so they are even under the lights? I had to get on a step stool and was moving one pot from one tray to another tray. So instead of lifting down the tray of three pots that was kind of in the way first, I was trying to maneuver the tray of six around it when it happened.... The tray of three SLLOOOWLY tipped over the edge, hung teetering for a microsecond, then like a see-saw going down, slowly toppled off the shelf.

It was one of those situations in which you would have had ample time to react and catch the tray and avert disaster... IF you weren't standing on a stepstool holding a heavy tray of six pots with both hands AND you didn't have anywhere to set the thing down except where you had extricated it from -- which doesn't offer any way of setting it down quickly.

I felt myself stick an elbow out in the direction of the falling tray :lol:

-- result -- one of the three pepper plants fell upside down and was severed in the middle of its stem... fortunately ABOVE two pairs of true leaves so I guess I can pretend I "pruned" it :P
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Re: Words to the Wise... Or advice from experience

Well, That sounds like something I have done or am about to do. Thank for the step by step, I'll try to be extra careful so as not to have a in personal recap. Glad it came out OK.

Richard

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”