greenthumb600
Newly Registered

Weeds and dirt driving me crazy!

With all the California rain this year, the weeds in my garden are driving me up the wall!!! EVERY day, it's like the weeds just keep reappearing! Now, the inside of my house is also shot b/c all I do is track dirt in all the time! Not to mention the dog running in and out. I'm breaking my back pulling weeds, the last thing I want to do is drag a vacuum around! Help! 8)

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

While I am no fan of lawn it sounds like you need covert fast and grass will do that. Stake black plastic over the area for a week or three to kill all those weeds, scratch it up spread seed and... water. :roll:

You can decide on gardening later; this is a quick stop[ gap to hold your soil before it washes away...

Scott

boozer309
Newly Registered

This might be a little off topic, but I'm new here too and can't say I know much about "weed control." I do, however, have some experience with "dirt and pet control!" My wife and I got a Roomba for a housewarming gift a few years ago and it has worked great for picking up pet hair and tracked in dirt! We just set it loose after we've been in and out of the house for a few hours, and, problem solved!

Just a little something to drive you less crazy until you can figure out how to get rid of your pesky weeds! :idea:

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

I'm waiting for that first robot weeder (well maybe the second, when it stops uprooting everything...)

Grey
Greener Thumb

The Helpful Gardener wrote:I'm waiting for that first robot weeder (well maybe the second, when it stops uprooting everything...)
Me too. I hate pulling weeds.

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

I often dreamed of robot weeders when I was a child but now, I just find it somewhat invigorating to pull the weeds myself. I don't know, call me old fashioned but, I enjoy lying in the dirt and pulling the weeds out. Of course, I hate the blackberries, they hurt a lot when I forget my gloves.

What's it like for Rhodos in the rest of the world? I've deadheaded my mothers and have been picking away at neighbours rhodos. The deadheads are a great addition the the compost pile. (It's best to cut them up a bit first)

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Weeding can be therapeutic, Opa and there are days when I would gladly train an acre of weeds for what I was doing right then.

Rhodies are just starting to bloom here (they're late...)

HG

darkstar
Newly Registered

What the heck is a roomba? :idea: :?: :roll:

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

A Roomba is a robotic vacuum cleaner, but I don't thing they are meant to be used in the garden! :lol:

Val

dyvonnetxgal

Oooohhh!!!! Someone let me know when the do come out with the Roomba Garden Weeder!!! I can wait until about 2010 then I am going to try my hands at inventing one. If they have not come up with one by then they are taking their sweet time. :lol: KEEP ME INFORMED!! :lol:

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

I hear you Dyvonne!! :lol:

Val

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”