JONA878
Greener Thumb

Your weather

Hi my lovely friends in the good old USA.
May I ask you to do one kind thing for me?
Stop sending your blasted weather over to us here in the old country just because you've finished with it.
I hear that you had it as snow and ice.....well kindly in future keep it over that side of the pond please. On its way over here it melts..then builds up a huge head of steam and drops untold quantities of rain on the delicate heads of us balding Brits.
A good deal of the West coast of England is now a village pond and farmers are now planting rice as an alternative feed crop for the Water Buffalo that they are importing from Burma as a replacement for our own Devon Shorthorns.
Many thanks for your kind attention.
John. xx

applestar
Mod

:shock: :lol:

...but seriously, I have heard about the terrible storms you've been getting all winter.
I hope all is well with you. Let us hope for the gentle Lady Spring to return to us soon.

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Come on Pom, that's got to be a joke, growing rice. Well, the Romans did grow grapes there, I've read, when your weather was warmer.

The weather did seem to shift eastward, this year, the east cost of the states getting the snow we usually get in the western mountains. We have only a third of usual.

We've a friend coming from London to ski the US, we have had to tell her to expect less than perfection on the slopes.

Richard

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”