gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Thiefs at my house leave in a body bag

Or at least a grocery store bag. I caught a mouse today but there may be more, I will reset the traps.

I thought I had a mouse problem when I had seeds stolen from me. Important seeds from one of Blane's crosses that had some fruit we are excited about. I had a good amount of seed for him but when I went to get them for Blane after they dried there were only 5 left, they were stuck to the plate, stupid lazy mouse, I also lost all my pepper starts, now I know they were eaten. This was worrying me about the fate of my spring starts all being eaten. That would be catastrophic for me.

One down hopefully that is all but probably not. My other trap was sprung with blood on it and no more yummy yummy peanut butter on it, but no corpse.

applestar
Mod

Re: Thiefs at my house leave in a body bag

Yeah I get mice in my garage during the winter. They nibbled cauliflower and broccoli seedlings a couple of years ago.

Now, I send our indoor kitties out on patrol -- the two of them crowd out of the kitty door in the laundry room to the garage and disappear among the boxes and shelves... behind the chest freezer, etc.

They were originally barn kittens and evidently have inherited the necessary "mousing" skills -- they have successfully dispatched them before. My previous cat from the animal shelter was completely useless in that regard... I remember one early morning when DH was away on a business trip and my old cat brought a mouse in the house and then lost it behind the refrigerator :shock: I called my Dad who was still asleep -- it took him a while to make sense out of my incoherent hysteric plea to drive over and get rid of the mouse.... :oops:

Yep. Good luck with your mouse hunt. :twisted:
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

My neighbor has four cats, a few good hunters. Don't think they would mix well with my dog though. :mrgreen:

webmaster
Site Admin

Twenty years ago I lent one of my mousers to the neighbor across the hall to catch the mice that were terrorizing her but it didn't work out because my cat didn't like being in a new environment. Well, yeah, of course. They're cats right?! :shock:

Learn something new everyday. Forget five others...

tomf
Super Green Thumb

You got me on this one, body bags!
The things I do are an evolution and I am always learning. My way is not the only way of doing things, and I may and will change the way I do things as I learn better ways. So any advice that I give is in that spirit.

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

I am allergic to cats, okay to their hair. Sometimes, just being around cat owners will trigger my allergies.

So, mice at my house have to go by mechanical or chemical means. Anyone have a non-cat biological control for them?

Hey, Tom, he got me twice with the title! :lol:
Talk to your plants.... If your plants talk to you... Run!

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

The mouse traps with the yellow plastic that holds the bait works best. The other traps seem to have the bait missing and no mouse! Peanut butter or a soft cheese is best! Put your seeds in a metal Canister. The mice or rats will eat through a plastic bag or container!
I enjoy fishing ,gardening and a solar greenhouse! carpet installation repair and sales for over 45 years! I am the inventor of the Bobber With A Brain - Fishing Bobber!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

tomf wrote:You got me on this one, body bags!
Sorry I am known for speaking in half thoughts as if you know what I'm talking about, Kind of a simple puzzle.

I threw them in a plastic shopping bag (body bag) to chuck in the dumpster at work.

Oh and of course they were thieving my plants and my seed. Grrrrrr

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”