LA47
Green Thumb

Anyone else expecting snow?

NOAA is predicting snow for my area for the next 2 days. Frost has already killed the vegetable garden and I'm going to strip the tomato plants of all the fruit later today. Mike is working so I've gotten most of the yard prepared for snow. Opps! need to go drain the hose and shut the water off.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Nope. About 61* day 48* night for the next 10 days

Eric

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

No, not for at least another month yet. Actually much of the time in Cincinnati, freezes come sometime in Oct, but snow not until around Christmas or even Jan. Jan and Feb are our biggest snow months. But there's always exceptions. One year we had a big snowstorm in Oct. The trees still had leaves on them, so massive amounts of snow piled up on branches, held by the leaves and big branches broke off of trees from the weight....

sunflower13

Some of the higher elevations in the state are getting snow. Seems like it will be a year of snow for us. Lately, our winters have been so wimpy with some snow in January but we can get snow as early as October. Wonder what it will be this year.

LA47
Green Thumb

No snow except in the higher mountains but, here in the valley, we've only had rain by the bucket full, sleet and hale. Now it is suppose to get nice again. Common fall weather for us.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Oh, send some of that "nice" north to us, LA!

After I posted on the weather thread that it is supposed to be in 30's tomorrow, I went outdoors to find frost on my pickup!

I think the distant gardens are okay. (. . . for another day?) Things here in the yard did not have frost on them. Now the leaves on the tree tops will begin to change color. I will see the gardens this morning and may need to bring in buckets of green tomatoes! Oh . . . .

Steve

LA47
Green Thumb

We had our hard freeze last week and had to put heat on in the greenhouse for the tomatoes then. Every thing in the garden was killed. We picked all the green tomatoes yesterday but the tomato plants were starting to slow down anyway. There weren't that many so we gave most of the green tomatoes to a friend for fried green tomatoes.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

It is snowing high up on Hood, I am hopping for a good year up there.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”