applestar
Mod

Re: What's the weather like where you are?

Good call, that. Yeah no greens would have survived unheated, even under hoops. Nearest weather station is reporting 14°F right now....

If it would stay cold, we could have snow with 100% precipitation Forecast for Sat and Sun, but aside from possible 22°F tonight (so just a bit of flurries), temps are rising with highs are 45°F on Sat and 62°F !!! :shock: !!! On Sunday.

...lets compare daylight hours again... :D
Attachments
IMG_1080.JPG

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Sunrise will be after 7:30am, sunset before 4pm ... aaaahhh!

Ever the "morning person," I was up at 3:30 and the temperatures nearby were above 10°f. Freezing fog was blanketing my neighborhood. The airport was reporting below zero before the fog settled in. I thought that was likely to be our official low for the day.

It's still over 2 hours before sunrise and all three of the nearest Weather Underground thermometers say 2°. I suppose I could try to see ... okay! Stepping out on the deck. Tttthe fffog lifted! Ccccold out there.

Steve

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Our weather has been crazy. About 10 days ago we got a cool/cold snap and had to run the heat to keep things comfortable in the house. Since Christmas I've had to run the A/C to do the same. The temperatures outside are not bad being in the mid 70's, but the humidity is crazy and inside feels so muggy that it is uncomfortable. The extended forecast shows much of the same for the next 10 days with only a couple days of cooler weather thrown in to keep the utility company happy.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

We had a cold snap also mid-Decemberish with night time lows down in the mid-20's, about as cold as it ever gets here, and then a big warm up.

We went back to Cincinnati for Christmas with friends. The day after Christmas, yesterday, was 66 degrees there, which was a new record for the date, surpassing the previous record for the date which was just set this time last year! Warming, anybody?

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

rainbowgardener wrote:We had a cold snap also mid-Decemberish with night time lows down in the mid-20's, about as cold as it ever gets here, and then a big warm up.

We went back to Cincinnati for Christmas with friends. The day after Christmas, yesterday, was 66 degrees there, which was a new record for the date, surpassing the previous record for the date which was just set this time last year! Warming, anybody?
As a grower of vegetables, my biggest concern with having mild winters is the uptick in the bug population when spring and summer get here. I've noticed when we have mild winters, the garden pests seem to come out earlier and with a vengeance when spring arrives as many of them overwinter just like some of my plants.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”