lily51
Greener Thumb

A beautiful place to visit

We just toured the Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh , Pa . 15 gardens under glass plus a few outside. Absolutely stunning! From a fern habitat to butterfly house (magical) to orchid house and so much more. These huge glass and steel houses are beautiful in and of themselves, but then fill them with gigantic plants...what a show. There is a kids garden, vegetable garden and an large area demonstrating sustainable landscape.

Right now they are also featuring glass sculpture by local artists and Chillula (sp?)
Gorgeous.
If you ever have the chance and you love plants, this is well worth the stop.

Trying to navigate Pittsburgh with the rivers and bridges and layout, not so easy. Use your gps and have a lookout in the seat beside you! :)

For those of you who like Mother Earth News there is a MEN Fair in Pitt this Sept.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

nice. I was at the garfield park conservatory (chicago) a few years ago when they had chihoweveryouspellhisname's work up. interesting combination. cincinnati's got a nice conservatory, too.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

It sounds nice, do you have some photos to post? I have seen a lot of Chullia's work.

lily51
Greener Thumb

I would love to share photos but have never mastered the art! If you could just post them from phone to site like Facebook it would be great. We saw lots of Chi...... s guesswork in Seattle. It is beautiful.but my favorites were still all the plants.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”