Gardener123
Green Thumb

Holy Cow! Just missed frost last night!

May 13th is not supposed to see frost! In fact, I had ordered some tomatoes and peppers from a company, and they won't ship until your frost free date..... Well they shipped mine yesterday. It was so close that I hope my plants are OK. I was supposed to cover them up yesterday, but we had a small family emergency, and it slipped my mind. Hopefully, everything will be A-OK.

Hope your plants are OK too..... What a crazy "spring".
Living the good life with my wife and 2 wonderful daughters!

applestar
Mod

Re: Holy Cow! Just missed frost last night!

I KNOW! :shock:

It went down to 36°F here. I went out just before sun-up to see. There were patches of crunchy underfoot frost on the exposed front lawn. On the NE side yard where some of my garden beds are, some things had maybe very light touches of frost on them -- more like bend really close and wonder "is that frost or just dew?" :?

I had covered most things on that side last evening, but few like a row of potatoes and a couple of tomato plants -- one planted in ground Tasmanian Chocolate ( :eek: "I forgot to cover Taz!") and an over grown blooming Tigerella in a large soda cup that I'd strapped to the elderberry trunk to keep from falling over. Taz looked iffy (one of those "frost or dew?" look to the leaves) so I sprinkled with water.

I'm waiting for the sun to reach the covered plants before removing the covers.

Good luck with yours. :o
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

Gardener123
Green Thumb

Well, everything seems to have survived..... and looking at the 10 day forecast, every day is in the 70's ( like it should be ) and the night time temps are in the 50's..... Like it should be. And my plants did come from the nursery.... Looks like I will be planting today, though I may get wet.... Showers off and on all day, I hear.

Gardener123
Green Thumb

Well, with the next 10 days not supposed to have anything lower than 52 at night, hopefully we are good.... tomorrow I plant everything that I have yet to plant.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”