tomf
Super Green Thumb

New shovel works good.

I did some digging with my new shovel and it is a digging monster. The shovel goes on the forks that clamp onto the tractor bucket. I plan to dig some trenches for pipes to run water to places around the yard, and to dig out stumps. Lots better than doing the digging by hand. The bucket digs but it digs a big hole, not always what one wants.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

The is a spot on the road we share that gets lots of water running over it., Yesterday my Neighbor and I brought our tractors and put in a french drain. I had the shovel on mine and he used his front end loader. The road has gravel and recycled road pavement on top. The road was packed hard and it took a bit but the FEL shovel dug a nice ditch across the road.I dug a ditch along side the road and in what is mostly dirt it dug very easily. It is not as good as a backhoe, but it is $10K or more less than than the cost of a backhoe, so I call it a poor mans backhoe. :wink:

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

That is One. Big. Shovel! :D

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

LA47
Green Thumb

From what you,ve said it's already come in handy. A lot easier than using a hand shovel. :) I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”