JasonFL

Queen's Tears you may like to see

Hey all,

Since I just joined this forum I figured I'd show you guys what bloomed earlier this year, I'm quite impressed with it if I may say so:

Unfortunately germinating and taking care of the seeds didn't work out so beautifully...maybe some tips for the next time it blossoms?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Very nice! Welcome to the Forum!

I'm sitting here in winter wonderland, with two inches of snow all over everything ... keep those flower pictures coming! :)

JasonFL

Well funny you should say that, I just happened to take some pictures this morning and yesterday for selling plants online :)

Here is my Jaboticoba tree and the fruit on the bark (will trade seeds, takes up to 8 years for a plant to mature though):

Here is some beauty berry both mature and developing I took this morning:

And finally here was a Bougainvillea on my way to pick up some seeds:

Hope that helps ;) Pretty cool that the berries are white before they turn purple no?

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Even I am jealous of you and I live in zone 9b. Love year round gardening. Keep the pics coming.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I love bougainvillea, it is one of the things I really miss being here.

But the beautyberry, I have in my front yard, too! Those berries hang on well in to the winter. Birds don't love them, but in mid-winter when there's nothing else around, mockingbird will come and eat them.

applestar
Mod

Queen's Tears -- what gorgeous flowers! This plant always confuses me when not in bloom because it reminds me of mother-in-law's tongue (sanseveria), except that I believe it has bluer, more frosty appearance, and has stiff tubular vase shaped rosettes. I had one years ago but it never bloomed as beautifully as yours....

Thanks for shring the photos. :D

tomf
Super Green Thumb

The Queens tears is beautiful, it looks like something out of Avatar.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”