LA47
Green Thumb

LMFAO

Growing a garden does't just feed the body, it also feeds the soul.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

I've always said "If vegetables grew as fast as weeds, we could end world hunger." Even though I don't believe I coined that saying, I believe it to be absolutely true.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

It is good to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought. ~ James Douglas

You do understand, James Douglas, that flowers don't grow in pure manure?

By the time one is eighty, it is said, there is no longer a tug of war in the garden with the May flowers hauling like mad against the claims of the other months. All is at last in balance and all is serene. The gardener is usually dead, of course. ~ Henry Mitchell

Steve
who kinda, sorta made that 2nd one up . . .

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

What grows in the snow or at 20 below? My vacation killed my plants! Something you say in the middle of summer ,garden beans again! I wish I could hunt deer in the summer! That hair is making my garden bare!

Harvester of sorrow

My garden is my church,it is where I truly feel the presence of God.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Harvester of sorrow wrote:My garden is my church,it is where I truly feel the presence of God.
Many people have felt that:

The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,--
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth.

From God's Garden by Dorothy Frances Gurney

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Bobberman wrote:What grows in the snow or at 20 below? My vacation killed my plants! Something you say in the middle of summer ,garden beans again! I wish I could hunt deer in the summer! That hair is making my garden bare!
I don,t remember writting this! who wrote it?

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Bobberman wrote:
Bobberman wrote:What grows in the snow or at 20 below? My vacation killed my plants! Something you say in the middle of summer ,garden beans again! I wish I could hunt deer in the summer! That hair is making my garden bare!
This explains a lot. I think CharlieMV is right.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Bobberman wrote:
Are you sure you just don't remember? It has all the hallmarks of a Bobberman post including lots of ! ! ! and mis-spellings.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”