JustOneWillingSoul
Newly Registered

Flower-planting suggestions needed

Hello all,

My new home has a little flowering garden around a sun dial in the middle of my yard. I would love to plant some flowers here this fall so the area comes up rich and full next spring/fall. As you can see in the picture, there are already some nice flowers planted, but also a lot of miscellany popping up here and there.

My question is, should I try to go in and dig out the crab grass patches, etc., specifically and then plant in those areas, or would I be better off just turning the whole thing over and planing new flowers there? I kinda have this hangup about changing things only for aesthetics--I prefer to only make changes when I am also helping out what is already there. So assuming those little flowers are perennials, I would love to keep them and add, but I'm not certain how practical that approach would be, especially in a small area such as this.

I'm open to suggestions, even just of the 'what I would do' variety; so please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Matt

[img]https://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/JustOneWillingSoul/Fall%20Planting/Sundial.jpg[/img]

tomf
Super Green Thumb

One idea; Plant early and mid spring bulbs and then plant annuals on top of them in the late spring. You will have a nice spring every year.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”