gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Stupid Rain

Yes sombody slap me for saying this. I was planning on doing a mass pick of tomatoes this morning to gather them for sauce making. What do i wake up to today but thunderstorms.

We have only had 4 rains this summer and it has to pick today to come out of nowhere. We need it bad but it could have waited a few more hours.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

You can tell the ground is really dry when it pours and there are no worms out that night. It seems that the drout made it so dry deep down that a half hour pouring rain seems to look dry it 10 minutes. Rain Rain go away come back another day! Remember that! We had 5 rains in one day and each lasted 15 minutes!
I enjoy fishing ,gardening and a solar greenhouse! carpet installation repair and sales for over 45 years! I am the inventor of the Bobber With A Brain - Fishing Bobber!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Funny you say that Bobberman. I love big storms and it was coming down hard for several hours with lots of lightening. So of course I had to go out in the garage and watch all the mayhem. I was expecting to see a sea of worms under the seal on my garge door. They love to exodus to there. But not a single one, none there or all over the concrete, none anywhere. I was a bit shocked. :shock:

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

About 8 years ago I dug out a area for a garage with a small back hoe. I noticed that there were night crawlers 5 feet deep from the surface!
I enjoy fishing ,gardening and a solar greenhouse! carpet installation repair and sales for over 45 years! I am the inventor of the Bobber With A Brain - Fishing Bobber!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

slap, slap!! We are dying for some rain, have had only tiny amounts in forever. I would take it however and whenever it comes!
Twitter account I manage for local Sierra Club: https://twitter.com/CherokeeGroupSC Facebook page I manage for them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/65310596576/ Come and find me and lots of great information, inspiration

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Thaks RBG I needed that. :wink:

I got my picking done just now. Up to the kitchen to see what kind of mess I can make. :lol:

lily51
Greener Thumb

We would take rain regardless of some puny tomatoes.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

lily51 wrote:We would take rain regardless of some puny tomatoes.
Hey who you calling puny?!! :P

lily51
Greener Thumb

No offense intended. Just comparing our little garden woes to people experiencing total crop failures this year.
And I thought I had said ," pleasingly plump tomatoes."! :)

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”