nickolas

where can i buy russian comfrey?

Does anyone know where i can buy russian comfrey(Symphytum x uplandicum) root segments in australia? Also known as tree comfrey or bocking 14.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I'd ship you some if I could be guaranteed they would go through customs. I never did get my seeds from Australia.

How did your potato patch work out? Good harvest?

Eric

nickolas

Hi Eric, thanks for the thought but i found out the hard way that i can only get plant material mailed to me from within Australia when i tryed to get russian comfrey root segments from a guy in the US last year.
A friend just sent me a link to a company here in oz called diggers seeds that i can buy them from but they will cost $10 each :shock:!

I harvested my potatoes last month. out of the two 9ft by 20ft beds i got 40 kg of potatoes, i planted 2 varieties but one of the varieties failed altogether, so lets say i started out with 5kg of potatoes instead of my original 10kg and i harvested 40kg. as this was my first time growing potatoes i do not know if this was a good size harvest or a week harvest.

half of them are too small to eat so i think i will save them for seed come next season but the other half are all good size's to eat. very little sun damage i.e. green potatoes but there were a few that had been spoiled by slaters.

2cents
Green Thumb

digger,
A pity part of your tater crop didn't produce.
As for the other half, that's not a bad harvest, though you can expect a little more.
Did you allow them to fully develop? Were the stems dying back when you harvested?
I put compost or straw on them halfway through the season, to protect from the sun.
Either replant the little ones in 2 months or put them in potatoe soup.

nickolas

2cents wrote:Did you allow them to fully develop?.

yes
2cents wrote:Were the stems dying back when you harvested?
yes

The variety of potato that failed was Nicola and the other that i got a harvest from was desiree.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”