PenPalAnna

Garden Journal

Does anyone keep a garden journal/notebook? I call this my first year really gardening so my journal is small. I would love to see what other how other people organize their thoughts and plans. So I was going to post some pictures of mine, but it just didn't work. I read how to insert and image, but it is not working all I get is [img]blah-blah.com[/img] Any advice?
Zone 7a

mtmickey

What online image hosting service are you using, flickr, picasa, etc??? With that information, we can help you a little more to find the right code to copy and paste to insert your picture.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

I keep something like a journal. I usually record how much produce I get out of my garden. I also will write things down like what kind of plants and seeds I want to try and and where I wanna plant certain things.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Most people keep some kind of notes. I use THG as part of my records. I make a thread here of what I planted when and later put some notes in about how it all worked out...

It isn't that hard to post pix here. You can give us a link to your on-line photo album and we can help you post them. Some of the sites work easier than others. The folks that use picasa usually end up only posting links, not actually showing their pictures here. I use photobucket and that is very easy. You just click on the IMG code (which copies it) and then paste it here. You don't use our Img button, because that info is already in the IMG code photobucket gives you.
Twitter account I manage for local Sierra Club: https://twitter.com/CherokeeGroupSC Facebook page I manage for them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/65310596576/ Come and find me and lots of great information, inspiration

Allegre Nee

I keep one. I have a "map" of the garden; my garden is 5 square foot boxes so I numbered my boxes 1 - 5. Then on the next page I made a grid showing just Box 1, what I planted, the date, and if it was planted from a seed, seedling, or established plant. Then I mark in notes, every few weeks or when I note a change such as flowers appearing or produce appearing. I also write in stuff like if I hand pollinated or pruned back, general thoughts about growth, and stuff like that. So on and so forth for the rest of the 5 boxes. This my 2nd year gardening so I hope my notes from last year are helpful.

PenPalAnna

here is a link to my garden album https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 242d44492b it also has pictures of my journal in it.
Zone 7a

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”