Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

Nope, a skunk, look at the beady little eyes, the nose and badgers don't have that much white in the back markings. A friend of ours trapped skunks, to keep his poultry safe from them. After messing themselves in the trap, they are that dirty and definately look like that. Skunk all the way. You shouldn't have to let it let it's smell loose to tell, they smell anyway, when un-scented. Even un-scented they have an odor about them.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Definitely a Mustelidae! :roll:

Eric

stella1751
Greener Thumb

Okay. Definitely my grandmother. Don't let her go! She won't stop at tomaotes.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

stella1751 wrote:Okay. Definitely my grandmother. Don't let her go! She won't stop at tomaotes.
LMFAO Um What?

Eric

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Sorry, if it's not a road runner I just don't know.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

due to relatively recent genetic evidence, skunks are no longer classified as mustelids.

this one's still a hog-nosed.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I vote to make this post a Stinky:

Eric

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

Marlingardener wrote:Now there's a job--studying the genetic make-up of skunks. :roll:
personally, I'd rather be doing the lab work than the field work on that one.

Boomslang
Cool Member

Down here in Alabama we call them critters "Pole Cats". If it's one of them, then it is relative to a skunk but will not technically spray you. It does carry some gawd awful stank glands, however. I grabbed one from under a house one time and had to bear hug it while trying to crawl under the water pipes. My wife made me strip down in the yard and use the water hose to try and get the smell off me. If your ever driving down a back country road and smell something so bad that it makes you want to gag, then it is probably one of these guys that has been run over and had his stank glands smashed by a tire.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”