Marge
Cool Member

Gnomes

For or against!?
Reine de la cocina

Newt
Greener Thumb

The real ones or the statues that folks put in their gardens?

Newt

garden_mom

Newt wrote:The real ones or the statues that folks put in their gardens?

Newt
:lol: That's cute!

I like a smallish garden gnome tucked away somewhere surprising, but that's it. Anything more would be cheesy.

Newt
Greener Thumb

When my kids were small my in-laws got them a childrens book about gnomes. For years we pretended there were fairies and gnomes in the woods. We still joke about it and they're in their 30's now. :)

Newt

seaellare
Cool Member

Oh well, call me cheesy! :shock: I have 3 large bushes (I should post a picture, I have no idea what they are) in front of my house and I have 5 little gnomes scattered throughout them - they are so cute! I just saw some more gnomes for sale (already!!) and had to stop myself from getting more! There is someone on ebay who sells gnome doors - little small doors for you to put against your foundation or a tree or somewhere,. Too cute!!! I don't like the creepy looking ones though, don't need any meanies :)

Newt
Greener Thumb

Seaellare, I just had to look up gnome doors. They are adorable! I wish I had a very large tree I could prop it against. That's a hoot! :D

Newt

seaellare
Cool Member

Newt,

There are sizes that are smaller - so you wouldn't need a huge tree. The only trees in my yard (except for along my backyard fence) are baby ones - maybe 4" trunks! So, I've been contemplating getting a door for next to my porch by the bushes that I have the little gnomes at... I don't know if I'll make it through this summer without buying one!

They would make a cute gift for your kids to put around their yard maybe!?

Happy New Year!!!

Newt
Greener Thumb

Seaellare, those small ones are something to think about. I know my daughter that gardens would love one. I'll bet I could get her hubby to make her one.

Happy New Year to you too!
Newt

lefty317

i don't have any gnomes, but when i got roses to grow in the front yard where my wife couldn't, i took a piggy bank, cut it a set of butterfly wings from a piece of aluminum ductwork with a set of fold over tabs to go in the coin slot.

a trimmed down sponge mop makes the pedestal to remind da missus that pigs fly
:lol:

chris

Netts

I Love 'em!

Personally i think you can't have enough gnomes!They are without doubt an essential ingredient in any self respecting garden!Many famous gardens would have been greatly improved with the addition of a gnome or two /the Garden of Eden being a sure candidate!Tell me more about your own gnomes! Best wishes to all, Annette

:D

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”