Bluesmaker49
Newly Registered

NeverKinK Hose Now there's an idea!

Ok, I'll admit it I was drawn in by the words "Guaranteed not to kink or tangle'. Standing in the garden hose asile at my local Home Depot I began to have visions of a hose that just ran freely on the ground, never having to stop to take a kink out or untangle a knotted mess. I didn't buy just one, I bought two that day. One for the front of the house and one for the backyard. After hooking up the first hose I walked out to begin some serious watering when lo and behold not one but two kinks had formed quickly in the hose. My heart sank, I knew it I had been scammed into thinking I could own something that worked properly. Has anyone obtained a refund?????? :?:

lily51
Greener Thumb

I think what those ads mean is that it won't kink until you get it home and try to use it! Have never found one that was truly "kinkless". If anyone has, please tell where you found it!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Kinkless hose, easy to wind up. If I was drinking coffee my screen would covered right now.

I'm with, Lily, I belive we will find Bigfoot before a true kinkless hose. :lol: :lol:

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I have tried a few and they all kink.
I wonder if one made from fire hose would work.
This subject is to kinky for me. :oops:

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

My kinkless hoses kink. I did not return them because other than the occasional kinks, they are pretty good hoses. I did have a good laugh in the store when I bought them.

I'm going to have some calorie free chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter now.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Charlie MV wrote:My kinkless hoses kink. I did not return them because other than the occasional kinks, they are pretty good hoses. I did have a good laugh in the store when I bought them.

I'm going to have some calorie free chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter now.
But, Charlie: didn't you know that the calories in the cookies leak out when the cookies break into pieces? :D

And, of course, any food you eat *while standing up* doesn't count! :lol:

hmmm...maybe these "true statements" about food are why I'm having a clothing...issue...

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Cynthia, the clothing people have been sizing clothes too small for years. And the doctor's scale lies worse than a politician. And I eat the cookies whole...like a dog. Woof dear. :D

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Oh My! Didn't you know clothes shrink when hanging in the closet?!!!!!!

pickupguy07

I bought a kinkless hose... same as above poster. It kinked th first time I used it.
I threw it in the car, and taped the receipe to it. Returned it the first time I was goig that way.

ON another note, I spent about $35 on an ossolating water sprinkler made by ORBIT. It has a six year guarantee. I know the price was high,.. but 6 years use out of a water sprinkler (if it works) is a good deal.
Well before the seasonw was over it had quit going back and forth, and would just 'hang' in one spot. So I called them, and they sent me a replacement. Long story short; it's been three years, and I have to get a new one twice a year.
Last time we spoke they wanted to get the broken one back (I am sure they think I am scamming them) SO I told them.. "Send me a pre-paid return box, and I'll send it back". I also told them I STILL have the receipt, and the original box that says "6 year warrenty". SO I suspect I'll get six more units over thye next three years.
It's not NEAR as good as advertised -- but so far they always send me a replacement.
FYI this spring I bought a $6 'cheap' sprinkler, and it's lasted MUCH longer than the "good" one... LOL

rocky8876
Newly Registered

:( the hoses are a joke I bought one and it kinked so I took it back and got another one and it was worse.I can get a better hose at the dollar store

shadowsmom

I did buy a "never kink" hose early this year. In it's defense it has not kinked, but it's so stiff I have a terrible time getting it to wind up on the hose reel. I have to lay it out perfectly straight and then start cranking. It also weighs a ton. Dragging it around is a workout and I only bought the 50' length.

shadowsmom

I originally wanted the 75' hose! Luckily for me they were out of them. I glanced at the 100' but decided to try the 50' figuring I could always add on if it worked well. I'm so glad I didn't get any longer than I did. I can picture you hauling it around the garden and back again.

LEGISNEW
Newly Registered

I purchased two Neverkink hoses at Home Depot this past summer. My expectation was a simple watering experience. Unfortunately my watering included frequent trips down the hose to remove two nasty kinks that appeared on the first hose uses. The bending and walking exercise was worthwhile, but I am sure the extra 15 minutes required to keep the water flowing could have been better spent pulling weeds.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”