YoungBuck

Negative Ions

Hey I have an Ionic Breeze air purifier in the same room as my Cherry Tomato seedlings that are preparing to be transplanted outside on the windowsill. Will this affect them negatively?

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

I can't imagine why that would cause a problem. The air cleaner will just put out very clean air. Plants should like that. Cherry tomatoes are hard to hurt, much less kill.

applestar
Mod

Only "problem" I can think of is that the negative ions will cling to the plant and cause the plant to get dusty as they attract the positive dust particles.

...but I don't even know if that's true or not. :roll: I think it's something I picked up from watching those infomercials.... :> :lol:

YoungBuck

applestar wrote:Only "problem" I can think of is that the negative ions will cling to the plant and cause the plant to get dusty as they attract the positive dust particles.

...but I don't even know if that's true or not. :roll: I think it's something I picked up from watching those infomercials.... :> :lol:

Ok thank you for your input. It has been in a few days and everything seems ok. The dust hasn't become a problem either... :P

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”