gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Just sitting here waiting

For the next possibly tornadic storm to roll though.
Getting ugly out here. Been real. Second one if just a few hours.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Just looking at the radar and it's time to gather the family. It's ugly and at our dorrstep.

tedln
Super Green Thumb

Yea, we had some funnel clouds over our place this evening, but nothing touched down. Had some 60 mph wind with heavy rain. It reminded me of a few hurricanes I've sat through. When it's blowing and twisting that hard you can't determine where it's coming from or where it's going. It seems to be coming and going from all directions at the same time.

I actually enjoy storms with a lot of wind and a lot of lightning and thunder. I'm not stupid enough to say I enjoy tornadoes. Too many people hurt and too much property damaged in tornadoes.

Hope all is well with you and yours dono.

Ted
I simply enjoy gardening!

applestar
Mod

Stay safe! :o

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

That must be really scary to have start gathering your family up like that, not knowing what could happen. Hope all is well with you and your family.

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Will be good to get an update as killer tornadoes touched down and destroyed much of Joplin, MO with at least 89 killed. Joplin is South West of St Louis which means the bad storms were likely moving toward that area.
Eclectic gardening style, drawing from 45 years of interest and experience. Mostly plant in raised beds and containers primarily using intensive gardening techniques.
Alex

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Just read the news, I hope you were not near it gixxerific. I also hope no one you know got hurt of worse. Has this been a bad year for tornados? It sure looks like it.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Everything is cool here. No tornadoes here last night but the wind and rain was very intense along with hail. We had yet another hardcore storm roll through this afternoon. I was driving home during the worst of it. It was blowing my truck all over the place.

Going out to check the garden now

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”