Dixana
Greener Thumb

A little perspective.....

I read an article in the paper that actually shocked me a bit.
"With the rising cost of food, the average backyard garden can easily produce over $700 in fresh vegetables and fruit."
It didn't specify the size of the garden or what is grown in it but it surprised me all the same. Then again, with grape tomatoes $2 a pint on sale and raspberries $4 a pint on average maybe I shouldn't be surprised....
I think I might write down everything that comes out of the garden this year and compare it to the median grocery store cost and see just how much my little piece of heaven saves our family.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Dixana,
I think I might write down everything that comes out of the garden this year and compare it to the median grocery store cost and see just how much my little piece of heaven saves our family.
I'm very interested in your results. I keep thinking I should stop selling at the Farmers Market and just feed the family. If I could stock up and get through the winter, I'd probably be money ahead. :wink: Root cellar - Canning - drying - vacuum sealing and freezing- preserves- Muscovy meat.

Eric

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”