Boric Acid is a oral toxicant to humans, mice and rats and Boric Acid may cause irritation to the skin and eyes. Therefore, safety goggles and gloves should be worn while using sucha product.
Inhalation of dust may cause : headache, coughing, dizziness or difficulty in breathing.
Ingestion may cause: Nausea and vomiting.
Finally, prolonged contact may cause skin irritation.
Exposure to humans is recommended by Material Safety Data Sheets to be limited.
I would advise against using Boric Acid when benign alternatives are readily available and easy to find within this site.