Korbinian
Newly Registered

Cutting the Lawn - Choosing a Lawnmower

I'm considering buying a new lawnmower, but I'm in a quandry as to whether I should purchase a petrol, or an electric. Can anyone here tell me if there are any discernible differences between the different types, with relation to the quality of the grass after cutting?

webmaster
Site Admin

Perhaps one consideration may be that Petrol (Gas) Powered Lawnmowers are notorious for producing air pollution. Smog is harmful to the elderly and the young (promotes asthma in children).

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Roger is correct but, one thing to take into consideration is that electric lawnmowers (electric anything) have a lot less power than gas powered equivalents.

So, if you have a lawn that is of high density; gas may be the way to go.

slakker

How much lawn, how fit you are and how "environmental" you are will be the factors. Also, if your lawn has any grade, etc., a gas powered one can be self propelled.

A friend of mine mows his 1/4 acre with a hand push mower. It takes him a long time, but he's is now very fit! :)

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

I am in complete agreement with you take slakker. It is great exercise!

Anyway, my point is that a densely planted grass with large leaves may not be cut as well with an electric mower. Some of these mowers will constantly clog when to much grass is being cut.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”