rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

More signs of spring: Daffodils are blooming now, I transplanted my broccoli plants into the ground, and I have the first case of poison ivy for the season!

Working clearing brush in the woods at my church must have been where I got the poison ivy. It's very tricky this time of year... not leafed out yet so very hard to spot, but it can still get you if you brush against the stem or roots, which I clearly did, with my right hand!

lily51
Greener Thumb

Many of you are ahead of us in north central ohio, except the Alaskans.
Beautiful photos of spring..love the forsythia! You all give us hope, even with snow in the forcast for later in the week.

We have tulips and daffodils above ground with leaves, but no buds yet.
Robins are singing in the morning, red-winged blackbirds (our real first sign of spring) are everywhere.

We're not going to see a moose calf (that would be something,as I've never even seen a moose in the wild), but there is a new litter of 4 kittens in the farm building. We suspected as much from all the noises we were hearing outside.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Brought sage, lavender, and mint plants outside to harden off.

First hyacinth is blooming along with the daffodils and early spring stuff: snowdrops, crocus, winter aconite, siberian iris.

On my woodland wildflower hillside the woods poppies, virginia bluebells, trout lilies, spring beauty, cutleaf toothwort, squirrel corn, dutchman's breeches, hepatica, have sprouted. The virginia bluebells and trout lilies have buds, but nothing has opened up yet.

HAPPY SPRING, EVERYONE!!

lily51
Greener Thumb

Before Spring is officially here, the peepers have to look through glass three time. They were trilling everywhere yesterday, and now cold is on its way. One more time and spring arrives. :flower:

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”