Chaesman

Well Just an update we are under a wind Advisory for winds from 22 to 35 with gust up to 50 ish.

We tightened the tighdowns and my wife had me go put the plants on the shelves of the green house on the ground JUST IN CASE. Well her decsision for me to do that at that time may have saved us a nother collapse. I got in the greenhouse and 2 of the patched connectors had re snapped in a diffrent spot causing a partial collapse. I repaired this time with 2 metal rods on each connector and it seams to be holding. Watching it I also noticed that a lot of the wind force was accually pushing down on the top so I opened all vents and that helped let some pass through and also fill with are to keep the top from pushing down. The wind advisory is till 1 am and we have every 30 to 40 seconds been gusting from 40 to 50 with steady winds of 26. I am keeping my fingers crossed and please say your prayers that we can avoid catastophe again.

I will let ya'll know in the morning Oh we tightend the tie downs too.

Jon

Chaesman

Just an update: We survived Yesterdays Windstorms with gust up to 60. Had to do 3 emergenct repairs and a temporary tie down linee But we stayed together and then we survived about 8 hours of thunderstorms today

Horray

Jon

ozark_rocks

Glad to hear your greenhouse is still up! We had those horrible winds too, and my little greenhouse took it just fine. What it didn't take was the drop in temperature, last nights low was 31, even with my water storage.

At 6x8, and lots of plants, I don't have room for a backup heater. So for the second time in two weeks, I carried everything into the house. I want a permanent bigger and heatable greenhouse! My little spring gardener house is cool, but it is way to small for everything I like to start.

Did you get freezing temps after the winds, and if so how did your plants do?

Chaesman

I know where you are coming from Ozark rocks We want a larger heatable one also. We have accually been pricing polycarbontate and found we could do the walls for 90 a piece at 12 x 12

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”