Cheebaa

I need a new plant

Hey Gardeners,

I work in an office and have fluorescent lighting available (with 18" if necessary) to grow a plant.

The thing is I'm looking for something where I get a reaction from my coworkers- something that will have them thinking "wow thats an odd yet cool plant"

Any reccomendations? Obviously nothing with flowers (incase people have allergies).

Thanks
-D

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

A little Ficus tree (bonsai) is always nice. I also like... you don't want flowers so, an orchid would be out.... you know, there are a wide variety of ferns out there as well.

What do other people think?

Janet W

I could give you many suggestions, the reality of availability is another question. Many times I have had my heart set on getting a certain plant just to discover the store I'm at doesn't have any. Go to your local store that has the largest selection of plant material and select something from what they have. Indoor hybiscus is an excellent choice with large exotic flowers and dark green glossy foliage. Remember to fertilize or you won't get as nice of floral show! Janet

decam0

How about a Venus Fly Trap? It will provide hours of fun and keep the bug population down too!

Grey
Greener Thumb

I like Japanese Painted Ferns, nice colors.

Or, like Janet suggested, shop around. You'll spot something and take it to the office. :wink:

Newt
Greener Thumb

Hi Cheebaa,

How about Lithops? They are called living stones. Click on the links on the right for some really odd looking plants.
https://www.lithops.net/plants.htm

Newt

aaronmartin8
Newly Registered

if your looking for a plant this is the place to go
go to toptropical.com they have a wide variety of plants all exotic but there great they have over 800 to pick from including trees you go here I garanty youl find something that strikes you and your co-workers eye :shock: [/img]

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”