staceyv

NEWBIE WITH QUESTION PLEASE

hi there, can someone please tell me the difference between fertislier and plant food? example rose food vs seasoil liquid. Do I need to do both?
anybody know where I can get some experience so I don't start killing everything I have planted?

Troppofoodgardener

hi staceyv

You may find this link helpful:

https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1642702/fertilizer_vs_plant_food.html

I'm not familiar with rose food but I do use Seasol on my plants. I mainly use it to water in after planting/transplanting seedlings, to help them get established. Then afterwards to give them an extra boost, especially when fruiting/flowering.

According to their website, Seasol is...
a dynamic growth stimulant and plant tonic, it is not by definition a fertiliser. Scientific trials and field observations over many years have proven its value as a means of promoting healthy vigorous growth in plants, improving resistance to insect and fungal attack, and reducing the symptoms of stress from excessive heat, frost damage and transplanting.

Seasol was the first Australian produced liquid seaweed concentrate. It provides benefits that a straight fertiliser simply cannot.

Seasol is the only Australian seaweed extract in which naturally occurring growth stimulants have been scientifically identified, and this work, conducted by the Australian National University, has been published and is recognised worldwide.
Basically you won't kill your plants if you use the above products according to label instructions. But if you're growing roses specifically, it might be a good idea to check out the Rose forum/s here - if you haven't already. :)

staceyv

thank you for your reply and the link. I appreciate your help, its really hard to learn and do the right thing by the plants and flowers. So thank you for taking the time to read and to answer

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”