rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I usually put A LITTLE water in the bottom of the tray every morning. Just enough so it touches the bottom of the soil so it can be wicked up. It should disappear from the tray within an hour or so. If the tray isn't dry the next AM don't add more. If the top of the soil is drying out too much, you can fill it a little deeper the next time.

Chaesman

Thanks for the tip on watering.. That is pretty much what we have done so far.

On another note we did get 11 50 cell trays today

Chaesman

Well following your watering advice we are on day 3.5 since the herbs have been planted and today one little Cuban Basil Sprout apeared. :P

I would take a pic but it is so small I don't think it would show up yet. I will add a pic or two after it gets a little bigger. :!:

When we planted these besides watering we also covered the tray with Plastic wrap to help keep the Humidity in. Should this come of now or should I leave it for a few more days till some more sprouts show? :?:

thanks for any advice

wordwiz
Green Thumb

As soon as I see the first sprout, I remove the plastic, take the tray off the heat mat and put it under lights.

Mike

Chaesman

Ok took of the plastic wrap and have the tray under lights.

Never had it on a heater since the temp was running 70 - 75 at night and 78-80 during the day.

I must say I am kind of like a kid waiting to open presents.

Checked the tray a few hours after my post this morning and had a thyme sprouting, and this eveing a second basil popped up. It is kind of like watching baby birds hatch

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”