tomf
Super Green Thumb

Garden hose that will not kink?

I have tried a number of hoses some say they are kink resistant or what ever but so far they all kink and shut off the water flow at some point in their use. Has any one use a hose that does not kink? If so what is it and where did you get it?

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

I wish I could give you an answer to this one. I'll be watching to see the replies since I've never found one that won't kink. The only way I was able to alleviate the kinking problem is when I had a hose reel, but most of them don't hold much more than 75 ft. of hose and the UV rays eventually take a toll on the plastics they are made of.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I'll wait for an answer too! I have my hose on a reel, but none the less when pulled out for use, it constantly kinks up and I have to go back and find the kink, drives me crazy!

Sorry, I couldn't be any help; just sympathizing!

tedln
Super Green Thumb

I once bought some "premium" hose at Sams Warehouse that wouldn't kink. I think I bought two 75' hoses. One for the front yard and one for the back. Thats one of the reasons I buy a lot of gardening supplies at Sams. They don't carry a big variety of anything, but what they do stock is usually very good quality at a moderate price. If I had gone to Ace Hardware, they would have stocked a very large variety from low priced, low quality; to high priced, high quality. We sold our house and went RV'ing for a of couple years. I just left all my hoses and rakes and other stuff with the house.

Ted

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”