IWantAGreenThumb
Newly Registered

Attack of the Killer Weeds!!

Okay, so I've been living in my current place about three weeks and my boyfriend says we've got killer weeds in the backyard. Before I moved in we thought we were going to have my dog with us so he tried to kill some of the weeds in the backyard. He tried to cut it down to the ground first but it *killed* the weed whacker string (he says it shredded it to pieces) so he took the mower to it and then tried to put poison on it. When I got here my uncle looked at it and said he thought it was Johnson grass (Worst. Weed. Ever.). To top it off, I think there's something living in it because my boyfriend comes in with what looks like chigger bites all over him. The murderers blades vary from long, thick and round to long, thick and flat and the foliage that I remember has three sprigs or so that stem from the original blade. What exactly it looks like, I don't remember and he cut it down today before I could take a picture of it. So if anyone has *any* idea that would be great. If not I'll try to post a picture when it grows up again.

As a side note, I want my dog here with me but I'd rather her stay where she's at until the bugs (or whatever it is that's biting) and grass are taken care of. The last thing I want is for her to be wallowing around on the grass playing and come in with bug bites everywhere.

applestar
Mod

QUICK! While they're down, water the area well, then put cardboard over them to smother them!

IWantAGreenThumb
Newly Registered

Thanks! I'll do it now! If it doesn't work I'll be back with a picture!!

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”