iskhan
Cool Member

Why do my Plants Keep Dying in One Location?

hi

In my soil different types of insets and bugs appears how to KILL them?

webmaster
Site Admin

What kinds of bugs are they?

Why do you want to kill them?

Does your garden have birds?

Does your garden have wasps?

Are there trees nearby?

Do you have bird baths?

Do you have bird feeders?

iskhan
Cool Member

1)There many types of insects I don't know there names.
2)Because location where they live no plant is grow only germinate and died initially I think there is a deficiency of fertilizer so I add a compost but no result.
3)no birds
4)no wasps
5)no trees
6)Domestic birds visit normally
7)no bird feeders

webmaster
Site Admin

How much light does this area receive?

tedln
Super Green Thumb

I have no idea how good your soil is, but in the states; we may have tests performed on our soil to determine what nutrients it needs. I don't know how you would do it in Karachi, but a local university should be able to do it.

I also have no idea what you are attempting to grow, but different plants require different nutrients, moisture amounts, available light, heat, and even growing seasons.

Do you have a way to find out how other gardeners in your locality grow what you want to grow?

Can you post photos of the types of "bugs" that are harming your garden?

If you can't photograph them, you might be able to locate photos on the internet by doing a google search for "bugs" common to Karachi.

This may be the bug you are seeing.
https://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/vineweevil.htm

This is a company in Karachi which may be able to assist you.
https://karachi.olx.com.pk/fumigation-karachi-iid-48216767

Ted

iskhan
Cool Member

[img]https://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/icm/files/images/centipede-soil-A1.jpg[/img]
[img]https://www.markleyspest.com/images/earwig2.jpg[/img]
some kind of black and white fly.
the sun light is not approach directly on this area. and the soil is damp.

applestar
Mod

The first photo, I'm pretty sure, is a kind of centipede. They are predatory and eat other bugs, slug/snail eggs and young. So it's a good critter -- part of your Garden Patrol. :wink:

You said the soil is damp and the seedlings die after germinating. do they get eaten or do they fall over? If they fall over, maybe they're dampening off? It's a fungal disease characterized by stems looking pinched and brown. If being eaten, then it could be slugs/snails that feed during the night. You may 've able to spot the culprit if you check your garden at night.

If the second photo is an earwig, they might also eat seedlings, but am not certain because I have not seen them in my garden. Maybe other folks who have had them in their gardens can tell you their experiences.

Any damaging pest bugs, if they're not fast moving or too numerous, the thing to do is to hand pick them. When in doubt, I use chopsticks or wear gloves to protect my hands. You could use tweezers or surgical clamps as well.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

At least here in the states the earwig is a mixed blessing. If they are present in large numbers they will eat some plants and seedlings, but they also eat aphids, mites and insect eggs. In the soil (and compost pile) they are detritovores, helping break down decaying organic matter.

If you have lots of them, they are vulnerable to diatomaceous earth.

iskhan
Cool Member

If every thing is favorable then what is the problem? why plants are not growing?

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

We still don't know anything about your soil (see above in this thread). If the soil has no nutrients, or the wrong nutrients, or the wrong amounts of nutrients, or the wrong pH, the plants will not grow.

Cynthia H.

the greenest

the 2nd one is an earwig but I don't no if they eat plants

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”