ambk2006
Newly Registered

Help identifying a plant

Hi Everyone,

I live in Philadelphia, where Jewelers Row is lined with large pots containing a beautiful plant (picture below). The flower is a deep purple and it looks a little like an oleander. The leaves are much wider than oleander, though.

Does anyone know the identity of this plant? Purple is my mother's favorite color and I would love to add this plant to her garden.

THANK YOU for your help!

--Malie

[img]https://img103.imageshack.us/img103/5450/img013gu5.jpg[/img][/img][/url]

turtleguy

The plant you are trying to identify looks like the Princess Flower or Tibouchina urvilleana. A beautiful plant, but I don't think it would be hardy for you if planted in the ground. Happy gardening!!!!

DeeDee2006
Newly Registered

hi all,, am a newbee to this site, love it! :D have been web surfing for princess flowers and can't seem to find a site where I can buy the seeds or get a cutting of them,, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you
turtleguy wrote:The plant you are trying to identify looks like the Princess Flower or Tibouchina urvilleana. A beautiful plant, but I don't think it would be hardy for you if planted in the ground. Happy gardening!!!!

DeeDee2006
Newly Registered

DeeDee2006 wrote:hi all,, am a newbee to this site, love it! :D have been web surfing for princess flowers and can't seem to find a site where I can buy the seeds or get a cutting of them,, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you PS. I live in north fl.
turtleguy wrote:The plant you are trying to identify looks like the Princess Flower or Tibouchina urvilleana. A beautiful plant, but I don't think it would be hardy for you if planted in the ground. Happy gardening!!!!

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”