Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

Look what I got in forums!

Some folks swap seeds, alot of folks swap ideas. But, I have made a swap that I bet you haven't!

On another forum, I met a member who wanted to return to the Ozarks, I jokingly said, sell everything but your toothbrush and come on!

I offered to help them find some land etc.

And she did it! I got the greatest swap of all, I collected a friend, all the way from Florida, she arrived yesterday.

This is not a romance, I am happily married, thank you, and she has just recently become a great grandma, so it is friendship. Pure and simple friendship.

She arrived yesterday, and I met her in person for the first time.
Isn't this just too cool?

I will be helping her find some land and getting settled.

But, I think it has been a great "swap". Is swap the word for it? Adventure?

Some collect seed, and I do too, but now I am collecting friends and bringing them home! ha ha

Isn't that cool? My family all think it is great, and are helping in everyway possible.

So, what did you get in the mail? I got a person! ha ha
Talk to your plants.... If your plants talk to you... Run!

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

One of my very dearest friends is a woman I met on a forum. I could tell from reading between the lines of her posts that she lived in the same city as I, and I badgered her with PMs until she agreed to meet with me for coffee. (I promised her I would leave my ax and uzi at home! :lol: )

As it turned out, she lives only 5 blocks from me. We've become great pals, and she has an outstanding garden, as well. We trade plants back and forth, go shopping together, and just have fun. After my shoulder replacement surgery, she and her boyfriend looked after me like I was their own. :)
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Very cool guys.
I am yet to meet any one from this forum but there are a number of you I would love to meet and you two are high on that list.
Kisal do you really have an uzi?

I have met some people from other forums including a world-renowned composer who we have become good friends with. He comes to Portland to conduct the symphony and we go to dinner with him. He gets us seats to his show then afterwards we talk until late in the night. He was the conductor for the last imaginational calibration in Washington. Charles is very warm and nice man who is extremely talented plus very intelligent yet humble.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

tomf wrote:Kisal do you really have an uzi?
Oh, my, NO! :lol: It was a joke between my friend and I when we agreed to meet and have coffee together. She promised to leave her ax at home, so I wouldn't have to worry about her being some sort of "weirdo from the Internet," and I laughingly assured her I would leave my uzi at home. :lol:
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

I bet an uzi would be hard on the shoulder.

I bet she has a crossbow to be quiet...
Talk to your plants.... If your plants talk to you... Run!

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure that, if I were to try to shoot holes in the floor with an Uzi, I'd end up hitting the ceiling! :D

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”