SallyJane

Natural Beauty

I'm not sure if there has been a thread for this yet, but I thought I would start one anyway. :)

The other day I was eating an avocado (admittedly it came from the shops, although I did plant the seed :lol: ) and I scooped all the avocadoey deliciousness from the skin and as I was looking at the empty skin a thought came to me. We see all these wonderful expensive avocado skin care products on the shelves in shops, so why not use the raw product? So I went up and hopped in a bath and rubbed the inside of the empty skin all over my skin, face and all. It all went in the bath and everything and I sat in there for a bit. Eventually I decided to get out, I didn't rise it off or anything (except with the bath water), just dried and dressed.

Well my skin was so soft! It was positively glowing! :D Because avocado is quite oily it did feel... not oily exactly, but it was quite pleasant at any rate. It felt moisturised. The weather here is quite dry at the moment and I usually moisturise everyday, but I didn't have to moisturise after the avocado. I don't know if this would work for everyone, maybe if you had an oily skin type, it might be a bit much. My skin type is neutral, but I would suggest giving it a go. I would reccomend testing a little bit on your skin, just in case :wink:

So I was interested in hearing all of your tips and tricks, either experiments, common knowledge, or secrets handed down. I think it will make for interesting discussion.

:D

SallyJane

Thanks for the info on the lambs ear! Sounds like it might be worth having a plant in the garden for those less than graceful occasions when I scratch up my arms or hands :lol:

mtmickey

Never knew that about Lamb's Ear. I have a HUGE plant and will have to give it a try. Thanks

applestar
Mod

Orange peels (organic ones) in the bath is great stuff too. Scrub your elbows, knees, and heels with the rough side. Squeeze to get the orange oil out for instant burst of fragrance. Lemons and Grapefruits peels too. But DON'T put too many in because the oils floating on the surface can pool together and irritate softer/tender skin. It's a good idea to use a carrier oil (mild oil to dilute the citrus oil) or unfragranced bubble bath. Baking soda to neutralize the acid, etc. Agitating the surface occasionally to break up floating oils is another method. Experiment and start with small amounts.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”