Dedee

elephant ear ???'s

I purchased a black magic elephant ear 4 weeks ago. I originally planted it in a filtered sunlight bed of topsoil with my hostas. The leaves have been getting dry and crunchy ( like leaves in the fall ) I know elephant ears like water so I watered this one just like my outher elephant ears. I moved it to a pot a couple days ago I am getting new growth but the leaves are still dying up. This drying starts all around the edge of the leaf and works its way to the center and does this within about 3 days. :cry:
I would APPECIATE any advise.

decam0

Is 'Bergenia' the Latin name for your elephant ear?

Dedee

I am glad I kept the info that came with the plant. It says Oreja Del Elefante Magia Negra. I cant find any outher names on the info stake. I have other EE's and thought I could treat this one the same however I found out quicky that's not the case. Other than the sun location I have done everything right according to the info stake . I felt it would be ok to fudge on the amount of sun cause my other EE's get filtered sun under a tree.
The Black Magic was a gift and I hate to lose it. :cry:

decam0

My problem is ..... common names are often different in other countries. Elephant Ear where you are may be not the same plant here in the UK. This is where it's handy to know the universal language of plants!
I'm sure someone local to you will hear your plea.

SNOWWOLF

If you have a pic of this plant I may be able to offer some help.I myself have elephant ears all over my back yard(filtered sun which my type usually likes) but some prefeer more sun, some less. could be a soil issue as well, some are kind of picky about that they wiggle their toes in :)

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”