gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Somebody STOP me LOL!

I'm still buying veggies, I just can't stop. I just put in 2 more tomatoes this morning that I bought yesterday(Black Cherry) like I need any more tomatoes. :lol: I went to Lowe's this morning to get some potting soil and ended up coming home with four Sweet Potato plants, though I have been waiting for them for a long time. I just got back from getting a couple yards of mulch and just had to get some more peppers, I'm not even sure what they are. But they are different color bells than I have. I believe one is called Lilac.

I have a problem. I'm sure there are some you in the same boat. I'm not even sure where I'm going to put these but I have some ideas.

I really need for my peas to go down that is where I would like to put the sweet potatoes. I don't think they have too much longer though.

applestar
Mod

"Nature abhors a vacuum..." I'm starting to look at my garden the same way -- Hey, if weeds can grow there, why not something useful, that needs a home like one of the seedlings? :wink: ... some of my tomatoes just went in my Sunny Meadow Garden (if I can afford it -- like when they go on sale -- I might get some decorative supports for them), Yellow Crookneck is already growing there, and I have cotton plants lined up ready to go in. :lol:

supagirl277

ya I know what ya mean haha. I have placed same plants in a couple different places. Cups, in the ground, and it pots. I want to keep growing more cause I still have space, but I'm worried about how much sun they get, and everything. I want to get more herbs, and more things like potatoes and leaf lettuce. I guess I'll just do a cool season crop. (whenever that is for utah)

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

A vacuum huh? well I'm filling that vacuum. What wouldn't fit in the garden went in to pots in my flower beds under trees. Still looking for more room. :D

SallyJane

I know the feeling! I'm just growing in pots at the moment but I'm pretty sure one day you wont be able to step out the back door for all the potted vegies! Everyime I eat a tomato I plant seeds. Anytime I eat anything for that matter I plant seeds. I have so many tomato plants, its not funny! :lol:

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

We moved to Alberta, Canada 2 1/2 yrs ago and I now just have the chance to do gardening in a SMALL way!---We were born and raised on Vancouver Island, moved to the Interiour of B.C. for 10 1/2 yrs OH the FRUIT :wink: Couldn't get enough. I used to raise a huge veggie garden, canned and froze all sorts of things. Not now, BUT I refuse to give up! :) The only problem here, is I don't know what zone we are in???? Also can't plant early, everything freezes!!! Can Roses be planted againgst a building that faces south??? Doesn't get much sun until lunch time? Also will Jerusalum Artichokes live in the same space and come back every year???? I can't stop gardening either, I just keep picking up new house plants, then I need bigger pots, then soil, just goes on and on and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!

BackerBunch

It's nice to see we aren't the only ones with this "problem"! :lol: Not only do we have plants in pots due to lack of space, we have plants in places we aren't sure if they are going to make it just because they had to go someplace and I keep buying more!

By the way, you don't have to plant tomato seeds to get more tomato plants. You can also stick the suckers in the ground too!

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

Do you ever find yourself looking in the nursery dump boxes, for plants that "MIGHT" live, and asking to buy them?????????? I bought a Hosta, that partially froze for ONE penny! It flowered and is doing well!!!! ( I gave it to a friend, who had a place for it) Also got a partially frozen Gardenia plant. I transplanted it, soaked the roots ( they were SO dry) then pulled the roots apart a bit too, as it was so root bound. It's already looking better!------ I LOVE doing this! My Gardenia cost $3.83 cents and it's a big plant too. I think I have the garden and Plant bug REALLY BAD!!! :wink:

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

BackerBunch wrote:It's nice to see we aren't the only ones with this "problem"! :lol: Not only do we have plants in pots due to lack of space, we have plants in places we aren't sure if they are going to make it just because they had to go someplace and I keep buying more!
Sounds like me, I look at my neighbors yard and think....................................... :shock:

Heck I put plants under my big Willow trees with little to no sun just in case they grow. I have however produced pumpkins from there. That is where I put my extra "vining" plants. I dumped out a bucket that had potatoes and onions in it the other day. The potatoes were done. There was one onion that looked like it might have a future so I piled up soil right there where I dumped it and set the onion. Who knows it "might" do well. :P

BackerBunch

LOL! The first few years after I moved in with DH I use to look at our next door neighbor's yard and think how they must think our side yard embarrasses them. It was in bad shape but now when I look out, no matter how hot and humid it is, our side yard looks cool. Now, to me, our next door neighbor's yard looks stark and hot.

I love what you did with the onion! How do you know what's going to work where if you don't experiment?!?!

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”