Susan W
Greener Thumb

Not fair!

when best laid plans....
So I started a few brown cotton seeds in peat pellets (not pots). 5 robust, and was putting 3 into a deck container. In checking, one has a big ol' slug on it. How did it get there? On a shelf, outside in its 'half-way-house. Protected from rain, heavy sun. The plantlets/peat pellets in a plastic tray so I can adjust watering.
How does a SLUG get into a tray away from all other plants?

Checking for sun in a particular spot and put a couple of (empty) pots there. Wouldn't you know, cloudy and rainy for several days.

Had a strain or bump from something about 3 wks ago. Trying to baby, but with potting up new large containers, and 2 events (18th c with booth) lots of loading and unloading. Plus driving that aggravates stiff muscles on the hiney. That is decreasing with care and ibuprofen, and yesterday pulled another, different body location.

Thanks for listening, or not!

applestar
Mod

Aww. Susan, I hope you feel better soon!
Try to stretch the sore areas to increase circulation for faster healing. :wink:

Slugs! I'm not seeing a lot this year. Instead I occasionally come across giants! And giant-size bites taken out of my vegs. I really need to go on a mid-night slug hunt (where are my slug-picking chopsticks?). I keep forgetting to take my container of broken up eggshells out to the garden too. I think I'll put that by the back door right now! :idea:

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

I hope you feel better Susan, hey try some frozen veggies, like 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off. It sounds crazy, and you feel goofy sitting with a bag of frozen veggies as a cold pack, but hey it works!

I have slugs or something in my strawberries, I noticed today they are all cut up, leaves missing etc. I happen to have some egg shells handy too. I must remember to use them in the garden! I have seen slugs, but not in the garden. Until the rains hit, it was relatively clear of them.

I have even found snails this year, never before. Do you treat snails the same as slugs with egg shells and DE? They melt the same, I already tested that one out.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”