niko_99

help me name that garden!!

Hi there,
Could you gals/guys help me with a name for my english garden.
At the moment,the only name I can think of is:
"Country Garden Chestfield"(location Chestfield) which is basically very common and quite plain.
To describe the place,it's located near a pond and is surrounded by hills.
Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.Thank you.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

My favorite garden name of late has to be my in-laws place that they have aptly named Digmore Gardens :lol: . My friend Stephanie Cohen, who lives a half mile down the road from Longwood (and is six inches shorter than a fire hydrant) named her gardens Shortwood. A little humor can go a long way in this process, but more importantly is that the name means something to you personally, a process we can be of little or no help with...

That said, look at English site names for English sounding names. Medes are meadows, greenswards are lawns, burn is Scottish for stream, croft on the end means cottage and hill on the end of anything sounds terribly English, does it not? (Chestfield Hill?)

:wink:

Scott

Newt
Greener Thumb

Hi again Niko,

I responded to you about this on another forum. If you decide on a name, please let us know.

Great suggestions from Scott!
Newt

Thanks gals/guys for the suggestions.
I have not decided on anything yet but do keep the suggestion coming.
So far,I tried...
1)Cottage Rose
2)Misty Mere
3)Garden View
It's kinda plain,huh....need something that rhyme.
I don't know much about english sounding names so if you guys could correct me on my wordings or add something,it would be most welcome.
Thank very much.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Maybe a direct take on an English placename?

The Lake district is a lot of English folks favorite locales, and when we lived there (I was VERY young) we often picnicked on Lake Windemere. I have always thought it was the prettiest placename I know and it was a beautiful enough place to remember it 40 years later. Big shoes to fill, but how about Windemere?

Scott

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”