wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

HVX--aargghh!

Well, it happened. My "Striptease" got infected and it's in the same bed with "Sum & Substance" and other susceptibles. How do I get it out and how should I destroy it? I can't compost it, right? Burn it? Yard waste for city disposal? Should I wait until everything is dormant at the end of the year? :( :? Thanks for your help.
Happy gardening,
Wingdesigner
Happy Gardening,
Wing

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Just remove it, and burn it. You can then add the ashes to your compost pile.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

HVX

Thanks, Opa--looks like I'm gonna lose the whole bed :cry: I can see the tell-tale signs of "inkbleed" on several others. I have some other non-susceptible stuff (ferns, astilbes) in there, so it won't be totally empty, but... How many years should I wait before replanting w/hostas? Soil replacement is not an option, it's filled w/silver maple roots. I guess quarantining my new stock (in the future) in large pots for a year before planting is the way to go, eh? To make sure the virus doesn't show up. I have alerted my favourite catalogs of the problem, most of them hadn't even heard of the emerald ash borer, let alone HVX. What a pain. Anyway, thanks for the advice, as always.
Happy Gardening,
Wingdesigner.
Happy Gardening,
Wing

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”