Jbest

Down but not out!

The last two weeks, we had some beautiful weather and I was able to get my trees all pruned and sprayed. It was the first time I had to use pruners, loppers, compound loppers, bow saw and a chain saw to do the job and I hope I never have to do a hard prune again. I also planted peppers, tomatoes and eggplant seed. During this time I had infected sinuousness which infected my lungs and turned to viral pneumonia. The same thing happened last Fall and it required six weeks to get back to normal. I hope that is not the case now as I have emails and Skype calls to catch up on as well as some posting and gardening of coarse.[img]https://www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/237.gif[/img] John
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy crap what a ride!!"

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

Oh my, John, you take care of yourself.

I hear ya, on the getting knocked down, it takes us oldsters a bit to get our legs back under us.

Hey, while not feeling so mobile, you can come talk to us more, let us pick your brain!

Don't push yourself too hard, until you are feeling better, that can really knock you back down!
Talk to your plants.... If your plants talk to you... Run!

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Wow. No fun at all. I aspirated some soda in June 2007 and missed a former student's high school graduation, the pneumonia developed so fast.

I was lying in bed Thursday evening b/c I didn't feel well. Couldn't eat dinner, so was drinking ginger ale. Yes, I sat up to do it. :lol: But I choked, and some of the soda ended up in my lungs.

The very next morning (maybe 12 to 14 hours later), I could hardly breathe, stand up, anything. Very weak; I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. :(

Be sure not to overwork yourself. Rest even before you think you need it, b/c it will take energy just to get to the couch/sofa/bed.

The trees will do well for your hard work, but there's that saying that I'm sure you know..."No good deed goes unpunished." Sounds like that one's working on you right now.

Get well soon. ::fingers crossed:: :)

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

applestar
Mod

Hopefully, you previous encounter has built up your immune system arsenal. Good luck and get well soon! :D

Jbest

Hey, I'm not that bad. Been there did that before, you really don't feel sick, just like you have been used for a punching bag and very tired. I have been drinking my MR and Mrs Ts liquid vitamins and in no time I will be back to normal. John
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy crap what a ride!!"

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”