Stel
Newly Registered

What are the little white things

I have a bush in my front yard that has tiny white things on it. They do not move, and seem to be killing the plant. Can anyone help?

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Stel, that's not much of a description. What kind of bush? Cottony white things? Flying white things? Need more to go on...

Scott

Sorry about my lack of description for the little white things. I don't know what kind of bush it is but it's about 3 feet tall and has verogated green and yellow leaves (the bush was there when we moved here). The little white things are very tiny, they look like little worms but don't move. They are not fuzzy. My grandma told me to pour soapy water on the bush, I did but it didn't help. The bush still has some living leaves but most of them are dead and fallen off. I have many other bushes around it and they are fine. I don't know how to upload a picture, but if you want one, email me and I'll send you one.
Thanks for your help!
Stel

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Nope, believe it or not the description of the bush was enough. It's a euonymus, Euonymus fortunei, probably the 'Emerald and Gold' cultivar and the white guys are the reason I don't use that plant, euonymus scale.

They're pretty easy to treat; use neem oil, a spray now and another in March and keep an eye on it, treating as necessary (Probably going to be an ongoing thing)...

Scott

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”