Bunny0306

Did all the mods go to school?

I have been reading through this forum for some time now. I'm still new to gardening (in my opinion) and still fairly young. I understand you require skills over the years and the best way to learn is through "trial and error." Yet, through all my research..(HOURS AND HOURS)...I still feel I so uneducated. I have considered going to school for horticulture to expand my knowledge since I am in the flower business...just need to save up the cash.

So, I am just curious where everyone has gotten so much information. I have learned a great deal, don't get me wrong. I am so thankful for this forum and the internet in general (the library of all libraries)

No-one knows everything, but the mods are usually right on point!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I'm a mod and I did go to lots of school, but not in any fields that have anything to do with gardening. All of the gardening knowledge I have comes from 18 years of experience gardening (9 of those as caretaker of a 5 acre property), plus some reading and looking things up. PLUS the past year of reading this forum! Even though I came to this forum with those years of experience and reading, I have learned a ton in the past year and it has encouraged me to do more reading and learning!

You can too! All of us were beginners once and have killed our share of plants along the way. I once planted a rose bush right up against a tall concrete wall, because I thought the contrast of the rose color against the gray concrete would be really pretty. It would have been too, except for the fact that the wall kept the rose bush in shade most of the time, so it just died. Everyone knows roses need sunshine, right! :oops: :oops:

PS speaking for all the mods, thanks for the compliments! :)

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”